Suggestions for Success in Chemistry
1. Review notes/problems from class each day. Attempt all homework. Look at the sample problems in the book and in your notes and rework if needed. Study a little each day – at least 15 minutes per day. Remember that chemistry is cumulative so it is vital to keep up.
2. Make sure that you understand all vocabulary for the chapter. Use www.scholastic.com/homework/ for making flashcards or make your own. Review those daily.
3. Use the online textbook resources. Use the animations and diagrams available on the “visual concepts” tabs for the current chapter. Listen to the text being read to you. Take the online quizzes for understanding. Web address for your book: http://my.hrw.com Your teacher gave you an online code at the beginning of the school year.
4. Go to the ER Monday - Thursday for assistance with the chemistry teachers. You must sign up in the morning with Mrs. Harper to attend the ER for that day.
5. Go to peer tutoring in A109 at 7:30-8:15 each morning. Ask Mrs. Borie to suggest a good chemistry student to help you.
6. Make an appointment for extra help with me. I will be available on an as needed basis for individual help sessions (usually in the morning from 7:00 – 7:25).
7. Use the Homework Alabama statewide homework service. This program connects students with expert tutors for live, one-to-one help with homework assignments – via the internet. This is available daily from 3:00 pm – 12 midnight. Go to www.jclc.org for more information.
8. Get an outside tutor. Call the counseling office for a list of tutors.